lavender and roses

Monday, May 30, 2011

clarinet player

I'm still playing along and practising with Lisa's Photo Card Tutorial - Part 2  ISO, Shutter Speed and Aperture  http://sideoatsandscribbles.wumple.com/2011/05/24/card-photography-series-2-iso-shutter-speed-and-aperture/ .  I have taken several pictures of  this very old photograph of a clarinet player using different ISO speeds and different settings for the white balance. This photo is a favourite of mine as the clarinet player is my dear father and the photo was hand coloured many many years ago by my dear mother. (both passed away now)

ISO 400




ISO 200




ISO 100






ISO Auto


I have used a tripod to take these pictures and  used Picnik to sharpen them as it was a very dreary rainy day.
Although, I think that the ISO 400 photo is the one I favour, it's the ISO 200 photo that resembles the original. 

Thank you sweet Lisa for offering these tutorials ... taking photos are getting to be more fun!

4 comments:

  1. What a neat photo of your father, Susanne! Such a treasure to have! And how special that your mother colored it! I'm hoping to find some time to practice more picture taking too. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, what a great photo of your father! And so neat how your mom colored it, too. My grandma had several photos of herself and her sisters that she colored -- one from when she was in third grade she made her lips really bright red and she was soooo embarrassed about it. But that one is my fave. It's all about the memories.

    It was interesting seeing how the different settings turned out, and I think the tripod really helped! I think I like the ISO 200 one best -- seems so warm looking.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your Dad is really the handsome man in this pic hey! Love older pics like this. I love how you are taking in Lisa's class. I have been meaning too but haven't gotten around too it. Your doing a splendid job from what I can tell. just wanted to say "Hi" and to let you know I haven't forgotten you. I will be back again to make some more comments on your beautiful cards. Until later, take care sweetie. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love old photos and this one is so wonderful! I played the clarinet in high school! Your father, I'll bet, could really make it sing! TFS

    ReplyDelete