lavender and roses

Sunday, July 24, 2011

a rose is a rose ... and summertime



I made these two cards for the Hero Arts 90 Minute Scramble hosted by Natalie.  The challenge was Christmas in July, making a Christmas card with non traditional colours or making a card incorporating red and green in the design.  I just couldn't get out those Christmas stamps ... not yet, so I decided to make summertime cards using red and green ... two colours that are a little challenging for me!  But none the less, I enjoyed the challenge, it was lots of fun! I was quite inspired, since I haven't really had time to be creative lately.

... the weekend is almost done  ... and a new week is about to begin
thank you for visiting ... have a safe and enjoyable week!

10 comments:

  1. I think you did fabulously with those two colours! I especially adore the second card, I think I am biased because of my love of butterflies. It was a challenge getting out those Christmas stamps! I have never witnessed this phenomenon of Christmas in July until I came to he US last year! I find it a real pity really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like both of these cards Susanne. I love the panel being placed askew in the first and also the simple stamping of the image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these cards, Susanne! I can't decide which one I love the most. They are both so beautiful! I'm glad you were able to join in the scramble today. Hope you're well! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards Susanne, love the playful way you stamp with gorgeous results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite is the 2nd one - so adorable! Love the "red-flower-body" of the butterfly - the whole card design is just gorgeous! I would have never thought, that it is possible to make such a BEAUTIFUL card out of this red-green-color-combination!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very pretty! Each one has it own simple elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your work is exquisite so refind and delicate and always with a perfect balance.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't know wich one to choose, both vibrant and elegant.

    Thank you for your kind words on my blog!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both cards are gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete