lavender and roses

Saturday, March 12, 2011

country garden thank you



The pink roses on this card remind me of the Queen Elizabeth rose bush I have in my garden.  I am waiting for that special moment when my first rose blooms. Mean while ... we still have lots of slushy snow!

This card was made with Hero Arts stamps:  French Post, Friend Definition, All Occasion Messages and the rose from Two Birds. Several Distress Inks were used including forest moss, old paper, tattered rose and victorian velvet. The background was paper embossed. The Friend Definition was embossed using VersaMark and white embossing powder.  The small rose with the pink pearl is hand made.  I entered this card in the 50grand HERO ARTS celebration and contest.

Thank you so much for visiting.  Take care and have a safe week!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Susanne! Love the soft colors and pretty design! Gorgeous handmade rose too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beauty! Love the touches of pink on this soft card! Hope Spring breaks through for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, soft color card, Susanne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is very lovely! Beautiful collage and use of embellishments too! I've been hoarding that exact BG DP. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that shade of pink and your beautiful collage piece Susanne!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susanne, thank you for visiting my blog...I am here on yours now and WOW! what can I say, I am in love with your vintage style and the soft, elegant way you have of putting your cards together. It makes me think of an English Garden, even though I've never seen one in real life.

    Blessings to you..
    I signed up to follow you on email. Can't wait to see what you you show us next.

    e

    ReplyDelete